LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Just Another Day at the Office (#1) - Hedonist Six It just ain't fair!

This story is really well constructed. The main two characters, Cathy and John, build very nicely. The author allows them both a voice, so the story is written in the first person singular from both their points of view, in turn. The reader gets are real sense of their emotions and their feelings, both for each other, and for the people with whom they work.

The office manager, Richard, or more appropriately, Dick, as Cathy thinks of him from her first interview, is a real stinky, slime-ball. That's not a spoiler, 'cos it comes out in the first two pages.

The sexual tension rises throughout the book and builds towards its inevitable climax. Again, this is not a spoiler as yo know it's coming, one way or another. The part I won't tell you, is how [a:Hedonist Six|6887659|Hedonist Six|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1358071915p2/6887659.jpg] cleverly crafts the intertwining of their two stories.

The big problem that I have with this book, and the reason that it fell from a nailed-on four star read to a mere three stars, is that the long introduction is hardly over when the book ends with promise of more to come in part two. It just ain't fair!

It just reminds me of the time when I had put so much effort into ensuring that my Mum and sister would be out for the night, leaving the house to the sole occupancy of me and my girlfriend, Aileen, so that we would be free to exchange our respective cherries. He pale blue knickers and her tights were lying on my sitting room floor, we were very cozily snuggled up on our comfy settee, and there came the scrunching of gravel in the driveway outside. My sister and her boyfriend had had a row and he'd brought her home early! Moments later, as the sitting room door opened, Aileen's knickers and tights were in her handbag, the condom was in my trouser pocket, and all that remained of the evidence of our close encounter was out embarrassed blushes. Aileen went off the next day to commence her nursing training in Inverness, and I went off to start my long military career. We never saw each other again from that day to this.

So that is how part one of this story leaves me feeling. Will I ever read part two? I don't know. You can't leave a story hanging in this way and just call it part one of a series. It is clearly half a book!

Yes. I am upset!