LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Para Handy Tales - Neil Munro Para Handy was the nickname of fictional steamer skipper, Peter MacFarlane, who sailed up and down the west coast of Scotland and the Inner Hebrides with his motley crew in the puffer Vital Spark. The stories were originally published in the Glasgow Evening News.

The characters are wonderful. None more so than Para Handy himself, of course, but you will love the melancholy Sunny Jim who is anything but sunny!

All of the stories are delightful, and provide a lovely insight into the lives of the Highlanders and Islanders, and the influence of the kirk upon their communities.

Each adventure can be read as a stand-alone story, or you may choose to read them as a series from beginning to end of the book.

I put this book firmly onto my Comfort Reads shelf, as I can easily dip in and out and always enjoy.