LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
A Curve of Claw - R.E. Butler Although I have rated this book as OK, which is two stars in my book, it was a huge disappointment to me. It came nowhere near to my expectations of a great story wrapped around oodles of shifter(mainly bear)/human (mainly witch) sex.

There was a fairly good story, but very long and drawn out, but a lot was lacking.

For a start, the heroine of the piece, Elizabeth, is supposed to be a very powerful, "natural" witch. In the whole book, she only casts two spells! One of those is to "collar" her were-bear husband. The other! Well, I won't say because it comes near the end of the book and would be a spoiler, but I can tell you that it is very undramatic.

The first quarter of the book is devoted to describing the aging of witches at one witch year to every twelve human years, and the politics and relationships between the covens and the various were packs, their leaders, and who has mated with whom. YAWN!

Then there came an expression which irritated me, right in the middle of some flowing narrative. "Go figure." That could only happen in American English!

Later, I came across, "He growled into my office." Huh! What's that about.

OK. There was some good m-f-m sex buried in there somewhere, but the rest of the sex scenes and the vampire feeding on witch scene (singular) were all pretty tame.

The biggest disappointment of all, for me, was that there was absolutely NO shifter(mainly bear)/human (mainly witch) sex at all!!! In fact, there was very little shifting. It might as well have been all in human form with interactions between a variety of human sects and cults.

I would not love to read a great book involving a bear shifter and a human or witch. Can anyone point me to such a book?