LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Clouded Vision (Novella) - Linwood Barclay The strength of this story is not so much in the murder mystery, but in the intrusion of a fraudulent psychic who makes a living out of exploiting the vulnerable families of missing persons.

The prologue, entitled Setting the Scene: Ellie, describes the death and ingenious seclusion of the body from the victim's point of view. That builds the suspense on which the rest of the story is founded.

Each chapter describes the progress of the plot from the perspective of one of the characters, and the conclusion of this quick read is worth the wait. It is possible to read the whole book in just over an hour.

As I read, I could guess what was going to happen next, but only a few lines ahead of each event. I think that this is skillful writing. You don't want to be able to guess the ending in the first chapter. Equally, you don't want to arrive at several revelations in the final chapter for which there have been not a single clue on the way to that point.

Definitely recommended if you want a short, entertaining murder with twists story.