LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Jack and Jill - Lucy Cavendish (Australian) Place a mystery in front of a young girl, especially when it is having such a profound effect on her little brother, whom she loves and protects, and she will see it as a challenge.

So it is for Jill, when she and Jack are foisted, without explanation, on they country-dwelling aunt and uncle. To complicate matters further, Jack has been struck dumb by some event in his past, which has to be part of the mystery.

Jill soon befriends a boy from the neighbouring farm, Dan, who endears her with his kindness and understanding towards Jack. They have some adventures together, and Jack begins to enjoy life in the countryside.

Dan and Jill search for clues together, and make a little progress.

Eventually, the mystery begins to unravel its horrific roots.

I can't tell you any more for fear of spoiling the story for you, but I can promise you a very gripping quick read if you select this book.