LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Bridge Over the Past (The Romance Club) - Jane De Launay An emotional read

This is the story of Anna, a nurse, who bravely struggles to come to terms with the violently savage death of her twin brother at the hands of Japanese soldiers in a Second World War prison camp.

Fate takes her to the land of her enemies where personal circumstances lead her to a deeper understanding of the Japanese culture.

Despite many complications, Anna does eventually manage to reconcile her conflicting thoughts and settle back into a reltively normal life. There is much romance and passion in this story and huge helpings of emotion whith which the reader can easily empathise.

What the book lacked, however, was an accurate proof-reader. I found the numerous mistakes both irritating and distracting in what was, otherwise, an excellent read.