LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Train to Trieste - Domnica Radulescu One feels that there is a LOT of the author in this book. She brings out both the beauty and the ugliness of Romania. During the years leading up to the 1989 revolution, there was a justifiable culture of distrust amongst friends combined with a strengthening of family bonds. This is brought out so well by the writing of Domnica Radulescu. Eventually, the contrasts with American society, and its very different values, are brought to the fore, and you'll come to truly understand the meaning of the Romanian word, "dor."

Having many Romanian friends, but having only been to Bucharest on my numerous business visits to that vast country, the descriptions in this book serve to reinforce the message of those friends: I must travel to the Carpathian Mountains, or down to the Black Sea coast, if I am ever to fully appreciate their land.

This is an absorbing story which is brilliantly narrated.