LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
West Coast - Kate Muir A book of contrasts

The story explores the contrasts between the people and places around a Scottish fishing village and those in London. In one, they are rich in spirit, and in the other, well, the opposite really.

Fergus, the West Highland teenager, screws up good and proper, almost killing his girlfriend into the bargain. He betrays his mates, his mother, and the memory of his father. He flees to London, armed only with his camera. After some tough times in a squat, his talent is eventually spotted, and he enters the world of the rich and pretentious.

The book is well written and easy to follow, despite the jumping back and forth in time and place. This is an enjoyable read. If you have come out of a small, close-knit community into the big, wide world that surrounds us all, the scenes described in this book will feel very familiar to you.