LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
The Girl Who Married a Lion: and Other Tales from Africa - Alexander McCall Smith Captivating!

This is a collection of beautiful little African stories that you can just imagine being told by an elderly lady to the children of her village as they sit in the shade of a tree on the edge of their village.

If, like me, you are a fan of Kipling's Just So Stories and the Uncle Remus stories of Brer Rabbit and his friends, you will absolutely love this set of tales. In addition, if you have read and enjoyed any of Alexander McCall Smith's previous books relating the detective adventures of Mma Ramotswe, then this book is an unconditional "must" for you!

The narration by Adjoa Andoh, who also read for the audio versions of the No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, is just perfect. Nobody could read them more beautifully, or more passionately. She simply drags you into the atmosphere of each story, leaving you with little need to strain your imaginative powers to visualise the scenes.

I am sure that the written books are great, but listening to Adjoah reading the words for you, is pure delight!