LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Darkhouse - Alex Barclay Lighthouse or Darkhouse?

This is a great debut novel. Whilst I agree with other reviewers that it sticks broadly to a formula, it is definitely a gripping crime thriller. I just could not put it down, and found myself reading until two in the morning having originally intended to read just to the end of the next chapter.

A New York detective opts for a "quiet life" in Ireland, which will allow his beautiful French wife to follow her own career interests. Her task is to transform a lighthouse for a high-class magazine article. Hence, the title. However, trouble follows Joe Lucchesi wherever he goes, and he soon finds himself, his family and most of the village folk of Mountcannon in grave danger from a rampaging Texan lunatic.

The characters and the interactions between them keep the book moving along at a breathless pace that leaves the reader always wondering, "What's next?"

Start reading, and you won't stop until you get to the end of the epilogue.