LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
A Spot of Bother - Mark Haddon A good holiday read

This is the story of Kate's wedding. That seems straightforward enough, but she has a mother who is having an affair with her father's ex work colleague. Her father believes that he has cancer and cracks up with near disastrous consequences. Her brother is homosexual and worried about inviting his partner to the wedding. Actually, her brother is probably the most sane character in the whole book; or maybe his partner is. With all of these nutters around, the wedding may never happen. And if it does, there are bound to be ructions.

This book is just hilarious, Despite seeming to be very far-fetched, there are parts of the lives of each of the characters with which I am sure any of us can identify.

Once again, Mark Haddon succeeds in writing in a style that imitates him sitting in your front room telling you the story.
Just a very pleasant and easy read.