LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Design And Analyse Your Experiment With Minitab - Tony Greenfield, Andrew Metcalfe Easy to understand

What I like about this book is that that it is written in plain English and has plenty of valuable illustrations, so it is easy to understand. It takes the reader through the forty-six case studies along such a structured, simple-to-complex, road that even those with little basic knowledge will learn much about both the use of Minitab and the design of effective experiments.

Whether working in a research establishment or in a business or industrial environment, most of us will have experienced the inefficiency of intuitive, trial and error, management. Occasionally, a truly amazing solution to a problem will be discovered first time, but this is often more by luck than judgement.

Designing your "experiment" allows you to arrive at a very good design before you embark upon the expense of trying out your solution.

Working through this book took very little effort, and I actually enjoyed the experience! Moreover, I felt that by the time that I turned the last page, I had learnt a great deal. Whatever your starting level, I am sure that you would be able to say the same if you take the time to work through the book for yourself.