LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Lily: A Ghost Story - Adèle Geras Spooky!

Lily by Adèle Geras is a ghost story told by Marie, a young woman who is haunted by two ghosts. The first is the infant manifestation of Zoe, the baby that she tragically miscarried during her teenage pregnancy. She is not believed, and is treated for a supposed psychological condition.
The reader is sucked into Marie's life and I found myself living the story with her. When she starts a new job looking after the daughter of her psychiatrist, things start to go wrong for her and life becomes increasingly scary. Her charge, Amy, grows to love her but events conspire against her, leading to a terrifying climax to the story and a breathless conclusion.

Lily is a great story, which left me hungry to read more by Adèle Geras.