LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty - Anne Rice, A.N. Roquelaure Amusing or arousing?

This is what I call light reading. It is easy, predictable and comedic. It's the sort of book I could read from end to end during a short flight. For me, it was not too arousing, unless you are a girl who likes being spanked! I am not!

There is really not too much depth to the story, but that doesn’t spoil it at all, just as long as you read it in the right spirit. I don’t think that the author ever intended it to be serious. The whole book is dedicated to sado-masochism.

There is a slight reversal of society, as the Princes and Princesses from surrounding kingdoms become sex slaves to the Queen, her Crown Prince and the Lords and Ladies of the land. The slaves are kept naked, and are continually beaten, and punished in many other ways, for the amusement of the Lords and Ladies. There are strict rules to stop the beatings short of the drawing of blood or the burning of skin. There is plenty of bondage, and much agony is imposed on the slaves by bringing them close to sexual satisfaction, but refusing to allow them that final climax.

It is a lot of fun, and I am left full of anticipation to discover how the commoners of this land conduct themselves and how they interact with the slaves, who are, when all is said and done, foreign royalty.

Personally, I did not find the story very arousing, but it is clear that some readers did. I found it amusing, and it is a good, light read. For you, it could be amusing or arousing, or both. It takes no effort to read this book, so I recommend that you make the effort, and decide for yourself.