LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
He Kills Coppers - Jake Arnott True crime

The book is based on a true story, which begins after a considerable prologue, on the day of the 1966 World Cup Final with the brutal killings of three London policemen. Incidentally, for those who don't know, England beat Germany by four goals to two after extra time in that final.

The prologue to the horrific incident is entirely necessary and relevant, as it explains how the three main characters arrived where they were on that fateful day.

There is the policeman, who was the closest buddy of one of the victims. There is the murderer himself. Then there is a self-seeking journalist who follows the story from beginning to end, and adds a fascinating life-story of his own.

This is fast-paced and action-packed. It paints a sorry picture of policing in Britain in the second half of the twentieth century, whipped up by the awfulness of Thatcherite Conservatism.

The characters are totally believable. After all, they are based on true life. The reader is swept along by what could very be the reality of the detail.

I read the book in a single day, and I recommend it to you without fear of comeback.