LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
The Private Patient - P.D. James Enjoyable, but nothing special

This crime story is rather predictable and, for those with high expectations of P.D. James, a little disappointing.

It’s a reasonable story, and I would recommend it to my friends as a crime story if you don’t have anything more compelling in your to-read pile. There are a few inconsistencies and inaccuracies.

Towards the end of the book, in “Book 4,” chapters 5 and 6, there is a sequence of events which would be absolutely impossible. I can’t say more without spoiling the story for you, but you will see when you get there. It is ridiculous!

Anyway, I am glad that I read this book, but it’s not the best crime thriller that I hace ever read. Not the worst either, by a long chalk.