LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Outlander - Diana Gabaldon I really enjoyed this book, although I thought that it was a bit too long. You can read the summary or the fly leaf to understand the basis for the main storyline. However, there are so many stories within the story that you are bound to be entertained.

There are a lot of good, but loose, historic connections to the Highlands of Scotland in the 18th century. There is plenty of brutality and not a little sex. The sex scenes are from a female perspective, which was very interesting. But I was slightly frustrated that they usually cut just when things were getting hot. I would have liked more.

All in all, an enjoyable read, and I shall certainly be reading more of the Outlander series.