LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Soldier Girls - Yolanda Celbridge Heaps of BDSM

This is the story of a nurse in the French Foreign Legion who commits a misdemeanour and is sent to a special unit for her punishment. Everyone in the camp is either a sadist or a masochist, or both. Everyone is also naked most of the time. The commandant and the psychiatrist both like to indulge in dishing out the penalties for even the most minor transgression, and they also enjoy their fair share of receiving.

The sex, bondage and whipping is continuous from the first page to the last. The descriptions are detailed and intense, and very hot for those who have any sensitivity at all to this kind of behaviour. I have to admit that the action warmed me up from time to time, but I am not sure that I could ever indulge. For me, there was just far too much for a book of this length. If it had been a short story, or a quick read, I would have enjoyed it much more.

It seemed to me as if the author was desperately trying to weave a plot through the sex scenes to join them all together, but the storyline was weak and the characters just weren’t believable. To begin with, the sex scenes were very steamy and arousing, but as the book wore on, they were repetitive and , consequently, losing their heat.

On the whole, I thought that Soldier Girls was OK, but I was on holiday at the time that I was reading it, so I may have been less tolerant had I read it in non-vacation time.

I think that the cover of this book is great: enough to send wild thoughts through anyone’s head!