LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
In quest of the unicorn bird - Oliver Greenfield A travel book that will make you laugh!

The young author gives up his boring job in a bank to head off to the jungles of Bolivia in search of a tree turkey that was supposed to have been extinct for several decades. It's a crazy thing to do, and Oliver sometimes wonders about the sanity of undertaking such an adventure.

He is part of a team, who do succeed in tracking down the elusive Unicorn Bird of the title. For those who are interested, ornithologists would know the bird as the Horned Curassow (Pauxi unicornis). The discovery and census of this bird is only the beginning of the author's adventures in South America. He links up with a novice priest, Dennis, and travels around several other countries on a voyage of discovery like no previous explorer ever enjoyed.

To tell you what he got up to would spoil your read, but I can tell you that he had a lot of fun along the way, and his account will make you laugh out loud.

It takes two minutes to read the first chapter. You should do that and then decide whether it is worth reading the rest. If you take my advice, I am positive that you will want to read on to the end of the book.