LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Thai Honey - Yolanda Celbridge Another book on which I wavered between three and four stars.

The majority of this book is well written, and there is a good story line. There is a LOT of BDSM, with variety, for those of you who like this. I don't know if I would, because I have never tried, but the descriptions were graphic and many of them succeeded in raising my arousalometer reading.

The background story is about a man called Mitch who is very much part of the BDSM party scene in suburban SW London. There are strict rules which are usually observed. Mitch and his wife, Shannon, often host these parties.

Mitch's business is in sexy lingerie. When he discoveres that Shannon is having an affair with his direct business rival, and that they are plotting to acquire his chain of shops, Mitch sells up and heads for Thailand.

His initial quest is to find Nampoong, a lady with whom he has had numerous intense encounters but has retreated to her own country. His mission is soon forgotten as he becomes totally absorbed into the sordid side of society of Pattaya.

The story is very fast moving and revolves around sex. And the sex is hot! There much humour threaded througout the book, which I enjoyed, especially the authentic expressions of the Thai girls. Will you enjoy it? Up to you!

I felt that it lost its way towards the end. The author seemed to get bored with her writing and it started to make me feel dizzy. The long-forgotten quest bubbles back to the surface, and is almost accidentally resolved, to a fashion. It all sort of fizzles out.

Overall, though, this is a good, entertaining read, and I would recommend it, but only to readers who enjoy erotica, especially BDSM.

Footnote: I always find it a bit spooky when I read a story where the lead character shares my name, either Lance or Mitch. I wonder how others feel about this?

Yet another footnote: I confess that I love the cover picture!