LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Even Money - Dick Francis, Felix Francis Not quite a gripping thriller

Even Money is a fairly good story, with plenty of insight into the world of horse racing, and lots of accurate geographical descriptions of England’s countryside, roads and race courses.

The principal character, a bookmaker called Ned Talbot, struggles his way through a series of shocking revelations and seriously threatening challenges. I wouldn’t describe the story as taut or tense or gripping or unputdownable, or any of the other clichés that reviewers often apply to thrillers. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend it to any of my friends who like a good crime thriller, especially those who like an English setting.

It won’t be the best thriller that you have ever read, but I can guarantee that it will certainly not be anywhere near the worst.