LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
My Dad's a Policeman - Cathy Glass Cathy Glass is a foster parent, so she writes this story based on experience.

Ryan never knew his Dad, but he has to tell people something, and that something is in the title. It transpires that his mother may not even know who his Dad was, as he and his much-loved brother, Tommy, were both conceived during drunken one-night stands. His mother is almost ALWAYS drunk.

Ryan is taken into care, and is separated from his brother. He makes plans and runs away. His best friend takes a risk to harbour him.

The pace is fast, and it is easy to read the whole story in one sitting.

I liked this even more as there were reflections of my own childhood. No, my mother was not forever drunk, and I was not taken into care. But my parents split up when I was very young, and I was forever running away. I like to think that those experiences enhanced my education.

This is a good story, and it could easily have been extended to show what happened to the various characters in the following years. Perhaps Cathy Glass will write that story some day.