LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
The Holford 'low GL' Diet Cookbook: Easy, low-Glycemic Load recipes for weight loss, health and energy: Easy, Low-Glycemic Load Recipes for Weight Loss, Health and Energy - Patrick Holford, Fiona McDonald Joyce There is a huge variety of very appetising, scrumptious recipes in this book: something for every taste.

But before you get into the wealth of lovely food and drinks on offer, there are a few pages of explanation regarding the meaning of Glycemic Load and why it is such a great concept. The language is simple, and it is interesting. It is certainly not a dry, boring old lecture! You learn about carb balancing, and how GL is a progression of GI. It explains how to approach weight loss and weight maintenance in subtly different ways.

I was fascinated!

Since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about ten weeks ago, I have been eating healthily, and I have to admit, obsessed with label reading in supermarkets! I have bought four recipe books, and I dive in and out of all of them. I also admit, that I have not stuck to any one diet, so I am not rigidly on a Low-GL Diet, or any other. What I have done, is to use recipes from these books to ensure that I am always eating healthily, and that I balance my intakes across any single day.

By combining the healthy eating with plenty of exercise, consisting at least five early morning sessions on my rowing machine each week, I have reduced my weight during the past nine weeks by 27 pounds, from 225 lbs to 198 lbs. My target is to reduce to 182 lbs. This can only be good for my health!

This excellent recipe and information book forms an important part of my successful regime.