LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Commando: Achtung! - Calum Laird I picked this up as a bit of nostalgia. I used to love reading "Commado" from about the age of nine until I was in my mid teens, and I discovered that I still do.

I have two problems.

1. The price. They showed the original covers at the end if this compilation. One shilling (5 pence), 7p and 12p. So that's an original total of 24p. What do I pay now? £4.99. But it was well worth it.

2. Having lived in Germany for a total of four years whilst serving in the British Army, my German language is fairly good. Back in my early teens, I thought that Commando German was an education. How wrong I was! Still, it is great fun.

These stories are action-packed, and the illustrations are super. I remember when we had a lodger in Scotland who was an ex RAF pilot called Mac. He was an illustrator for Commando magazines. If you saw how much work went into producing each single page of these stories, it would give you a much greater appreciation of the whole work.

The stories may be slightly corny but I love them. Give them a go anderson me know what you think.