LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Before I Go to Sleep - S.J.  Watson This is a good psychological thriller with several twists along the way, some guessable, some not. I kept guessing art how it would end, and I was wrong! That's the sign of a good story.

The basis is described in the blurb. Chrissy can remember all that happens during her waking hours, but her memory is wiped clean as soon as she goes to sleep. She starts writing a secret journal which she can read to refresh her "memory" of the previous days' events.

She also has a huge problem in working out who she can trust.

I became irritated by the author's favourite cliche: variations on "It seemed like minutes, but it could have been hours. There were quite a few typos that the proof reader missed too.

Those minor gripes apart, I thought that thus was a thoroughly good story, which was well told, and certainly kept my attention for a couple if days.