LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Piercing the Elastic Limit - An Epic Fable - Howard Loring At first, I was wondering what was going on. This seemed like a series of disjointed stories. One was set in the present, whenever that is, and then back to the days of Julius Caesar, Queen Elizabeth I, and so on. There were some common themes, particularly a couple of the characters, and, knowing that this is a time travel book, it didn't take a lot to figure out that this pair had to be travellers.

One aspect of the writing which irritated me, but which was corrected later on in the book, were the continual scene changes without physical breaks in the text. This was most distracting. In the later parts of the book, a line is inserted between scene changes, which makes for much easier reading.

The writing is inventive and creative. I really enjoyed the concepts which underpinned the story, especially as all of the strands came together in the final chapters. You can only understand what I am saying by reading the book. The ending is delightful, but open-ended enough to lead into a natural sequel, which I have no hesitation in committing to read. Perhaps I'll also turn my eyes towards Howard's first book, [b:Beyond the Elastic Limit|9376349|Beyond the Elastic Limit|Howard Loring|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348706447s/9376349.jpg|14259940] too.

Highly recommended.