LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Going Gently - David Nobbs This is just so brilliant, original, insightful and downright funny.

The main character is lying in a hospital bed, paralysed and awaiting her inevitable death. Unbeknown to her visitors and the hospital staff, she is totally aware of everything that is going on around her, and relates all of that to her long, and eventful, life.

You can read the synopsis for more of what has actually occurred in her life, without giving too much away.

David Nobbs is a very funny man. You can read some of his other books to confirm my assertion.

When I was a small boy in the 'sixties, he worked as a journalist on the Sheffield Star with my father, Tony Greenfield, and recently departed author, Pete Tinniswood, and he often visited our house. I can remember how he used to make me and my sister laugh until our sides split, with his funny stories and games such as picture consequences. That is consequences where you draw the next part of the sequence and unfold the paper at the end - hilarious!

Anyway, back to this book: I would recommend it to anyone.