LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Frostbitten - Kelley Armstrong Great introduction to urban fantasy

This is the first of Kelley Armstrong's books that I have read. Obviously, that means that it is my first from the Otherworld series too.

Frostbitten was recommended to me by friends, despite being in a different genre to anything that I have read in my past. I really didn't think that I would enjoy it too much, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. I would therefore thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has not tried this genre before.

There is a strong plot, and there are masses of strong characters who interact amaxzingly well. There are goodies and baddies, adn there are those who fall in between the two.

Elena is the pack leader (alpha) elect, and she has a relatively normal relationship with her beta male husband, and they have childre n who spend their time wondering where Mum and Dad are. In this book, they have pursued a mutt, who doesn't realise that their intentions are all positively weighted in his direction, to Alaska. However, when they arrive in the frozen north, they are confronted by much bigger problems than they expected. There is absolutely no choice for them other than to clear up the mess, and they put themselves in terrible danger in doing so.

I love the desciptions of the fighting and of the sex scenes. Both have just the right level of detail. Even better, for me, are the graphic descriptions of how it feels to change from human into wolf and back again. The pros and cons of being in each form are brought out very well too.

This book is a great introduction to the genre, and I shall definitely be picking up others, especially from this author.