LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
A Dreadful Murder: The Mysterious Death of Caroline Luard - Minette Walters I liked this as a quick read.

It is based on a true murder in Edwardian England.

The detective work aimed at solving the murder itself, and the switching of suspicions amongst the suspects is not the most satisfying aspect of this book. What I liked about it was the way that the class divides, and the inequality of the sexes, in those times are brought to life. These conflicts make the police work difficult and cause a lot of animosity, which turns to violence at times.

The research is good, and it is obvious, from the author's comments at the end of the book, that Minette Walters has her own opinions on what actually happened.

Worth picking up to fill an hour or two of your life with some pleasant and interesting reading.