LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
The Photo Traveler - Arthur J. Gonzalez Poor Gavin! Everything in his life seems to go wrong for him. He lost his parents in a house fire when he was very young. He got fostered many miles from home by an initially very kind couple. Bang! It goes wrong again for him. His foster-Mum gets shot dead whilst trying to protect him in an armed robbery. This turns his foster-Dad's mind, and he becomes very cruel towards Gavin, whom he blames for his wife's death.

To top it all, he discovers that his paternal grandparents are still alive and appear to have given him up for fostering after his parents dies.

This very believable and tragic background provides a strong foundation for the main, imaginative time-travel story.

Gavin has the gift to be able to travel through images. Not just photographs, but drawings and paintings too. As the story progresses, he comes across more people with the same gift, some of whom he can trust, and some who are definitely his enemies.

He also has a gift for photography, which leads to a good friendship a with a boy called Mario when they are paired up for a school project.

Gavin's travels lead him into all sorts of dangers. There are many of the paradoxes that you would expect in a time-travel story, and the twists and turns continue all the way through to the final paragraph.

All the way through, I had it in my mind that this would all end tragically. Was I right, or was I wrong? Well, you'll just have to read it for yourself to find out!

The pace and the tension are maintained throughout. There has to be a sequel. There will be. Arthur J. Gonzalez is already working on it.

I love the cover too!