LanceGreenfieldMitchell

Par Lance

Par Lance is where I come to talk with my friends, mainly to discuss books.

Par can mean at face value,and Lance is just me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Parlance /'pa:l(Ə)ns/

Arthur Benjamin
Stephens' C# Programming with Visual Studio 2010 24-Hour Trainer
Rod Stephens
The Stonor Eagles
WILLIAM HORWOOD
Midnight - Josephine Cox The story started off very well. It was intriguing and captivating and showed much promise of more surprises and thrills to come. The characters were all building quite nicely. But then it started to lose its momentum, and I found myself, by half way through, just reading on because I had to find out where the story would take me.

Towards the end, the momentum picked up again, but then all of the threads of the storyline just snapped shut, one by one, and I was left in a bewildered daze.

I was particularly unhappy about the way that one of the leading characters suddenly was killed off in just a few short paragraphs. I have no argument with the reality of sudden death, but there was no continuation into what happened next, or the impact that the tragedy had upon the other characters who had surrounded her, and been part of her life, up until that point. She was just dead, and so was her part in the story.

The book was OK, and I wouldn't like to distract you if you were just about to pick it up, but there are plenty of other books which I would choose to read before [b:Midnight|10198145|Midnight|Josephine Cox|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344973407s/10198145.jpg|15097362]!